Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Catherine turns 5!

First of all, I apologize for the changes in font type and size. I don't know what's wrong with this site.

Today our little sweetie turned 5!
Seems like only yesterday we were trying to hold off delivering her prematurely, but of course she had other plans. 7 weeks early and weighing in at 5 pounds 1 ounce... she definitely had a mind of her own even then. So, she celebrated at daycare with cupcakes and then Daddy took us out to eat at Fire & Sticks. After we arrived Catherine decided she only wanted chicken nuggets and french fries, which earned Mommy a stare from Daddy. What can I say? Anyway, here are some more pictures from our night. Catherine was NOT happy about the hat thing... but played along anyway.
She loved her birthday cake, it was delicious.


Sam was very scared when the "cooker guy" started up the grill. Actually, Sam was scared at everything the cooker guy did. When he was starting up his act and bounced his wooden things on the grill and made a loud bang... Sam jumped so high I thought he would stab himself in the eye with his fork! He is such a good eater, he enjoyed everything but mostly he just sat there like this...
We went by Grinny's after the restaurant and Catherine opened a lot of presents there. Daddy didn't tell me to take my camera in, so we've got a sum total of ZERO shots. Thanks Dad. Here is Catherine and her Daddy at the restaurant.
TOMORROW, I'll take a few shots of the butterfly stuff she got, it's adorable! I'm hoping Grandma will help us put it up!

Back at our home we had Mawmaw Bessie's (93!) famous "black cake" that she makes for each and every grandchild every year. I'm not sure what she puts in it but I know it has mayonnaise and tooth picks. Catherine then opened her gifts here. You've got to love this adorable handmade hair bow in the shape of a Butterfly! Thank you thank you thank you Aunt Susan! It arrived on her birthday and she was SO excited. We love it! Perfect color too, not that it would make any difference to this girl now! It ain't coming off her head! Have I mentioned previously that this girl is obsessed with butterflies? (I thought so...)Her gifts were beautiful... lots of butterflies to decorate her room and beautiful curtains with butterflies tied on. She also got butterfly earrings from Daddy which are her favorite birthday gift, along with her absolutely adorable butterfly hair bow from Aunt Susan.




Ok, so I think I've had my fill of Hannah for one day. How long does this phase last anyway? Catherine doesn't even know Hannah Montana has a tv show! Shhh... don't tell her! =X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that little girl. She looks EXACTLY like you did when you were 5. Love, Susan

Susan said...

Hey! I'm not Anonymous anymore. :) Love you.