Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OMG... I might just faint

OK, so the nicest thing happened to me today (and yesterday to be clear). I met a new friend on Scrapbook.com. I made a wonderfully fantastic new friend, Deana, who has this awesome blog. She keeps me going and encouraged about scrapping my families memories. Her scrapbook pages are so great, she won a contest where they sent her some fantastic new products from Paper Minx.

I don't know how to explain how someone else's generosity and compassion affect me, but if you're a "feeler" like me (born into a family of "thinkers"), it's just the best feeling in the world. It makes you want to get out there and do something nice for someone else. So, I just wanted to formally and officially say THANK YOU to Deana. Thank you for being who you are and doing what you do. People you have never even met appreciate your spirit and kindness. I hope one day to be able to run into you somewhere... at a CHA or other scrapbooking function would be even better!

The pic above is the night after my surgery (7/28/2008) when my little babies came up for a visit. They are used to coming to the hospital to see me at work, so at least that part wasn't intimidating. I did have an IV in my hand and was in the nice hospital gown, sitting in the hospital bed. They didn't seem upset by it at all. Sam just wanted to climb on the bed, play with the buttons to make the bed move and watch Sponge Bob on TV. Catherine was a bit more "concerned" and wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. She is such a little mother.

So, I came home the next day and rested for a few days being taken care of by my own personal nurse, my Aunt Dorris, (on the left and Mom on the right) who took WONDERFUL care of me. She brought a little gold bell to have next to me and wouldn't even let me get my own Diet Mountain Dew from the refrigerator in the mornings! She scrubbed my stove and planted Hostas in my yard that she had brought with her from her home in Asheville. To me, that's the best type of garden, shared from someone else's.


After I rested for a few days at home, we all went to see Tyler and Alisha's new house. Alisha cooked a delicious dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread and then served apples with caramel dip for dessert. She beats herself up about cooking but is actually a very good cook! No wonder Tyler wants dinner on the table when he walks in from work! If I had her cooking for me, I would too. Alisha is expecting my grandson in December, works full time and has Madison (4) to take care of. Did I mention that she also had to help move into their new house at 20 weeks pregnant? Tyler being the perfectionist he is, insisted they paint the entire inside of the house and do a few home projects before they could move in. My oldest... gotta love that about him! Want to include a picture of Alisha too so here it is...


Aunt Dorris played "Horsey" with Sam, evidently that is not in my list of things allowed after surgery and he was really missing some rough play. She is a fantastic Aunt and I miss her so much!
She also played dress up with Catherine, I'm not sure who had more fun. This is NOT Catherine's foot in this Cinderella shoe!
Well, these kids are whining to go to the pool. Going to take my camera today and hope to capture some summer pictures. We go back and forth between the kiddy pool and the grown up pool. It feels great to be out in the sun watching the kids swim and play together. Catherine makes lots of new friends each time we go (mostly with the mom's of little girls). Anyone who will listen to her butterfly stories... and YES, she did catch a Yellow Swallowtail Butterfly! She has also caught a Dragonfly and a Hummingbird Moth! Freak of nature, that girl.

No comments: