Sunday, September 21, 2008

Accomplished


I took the family to get portraits taken today. I think they look awesome. I'm not sure exactly what Catherine is doing with her pretty face... but at least she isn't crying like 3 years ago! I already have a 5x7 in a frame and ready for my desk at work.


Catherine is in a stage (at least I hope it's a stage) where she sees the camera come out and she poses. In most of her shots she has her shoulder up and her face turned... I swear I don't do this in photos... but maybe I should start???

I don't know what else to say about this adorable little fella except... he is oh so adorable! In a couple of his shots he had his Spidey-web out shooting the cameraman. The rest he was either pouting his cute little "chin-tilt" pout or jumping up and down uncontrollably. Seriously, I could just squeeze this one til he pops.

I start my new job tomorrow morning. I've been off work for 8 weeks now (boy has the time flown by) following scheduled surgery. I've learned a few things these past few weeks... certain people don't necessarily do what they promise ahead of time that they'll do; it's not fun to have 8 weeks off if you're broke; the people whom you least expect it from will be the ones who rescue you; preschoolers will eat every 23 minutes if you let them; having little children (and big ones named Zac) will make more messes than you can possibly clean up in 2 months time; and lastly,... if you have children in your home still, it is IMPOSSIBLE to rest and not overdo... even for 1 solid hour.
Lessons learned, at my bodies expense I suppose. I don't regret having the surgery, I just regret that I couldn't leave town for 2 months and not tell anyone where I was going. LOL

I am bringing a couple of nic nacs for my desk too, little pencil cup and paper organizer that both match the frame. I know it might sound silly, but I've been waiting for a time in my career when I could have a desk of my own and cute little personal items just for me. Catherine colored me a beautiful picture with flowers and butterflies so I won't miss her too much while I'm at work all day. I colored her one too. We haven't been able to do all of the things we talked about doing while we were home, but I didn't realize I'd be ordered to not do anything and take it easy. That part has been so hard. Impossible really.

So I have lots of new clothes, a new haircut complete with color and highlights, an organized handbag, kids backpacks ready and at the door and a full tank of gas. What else could I possibly need? Sleep might be nice... but I don't think it'll come any time soon...

Have a great week everybody! I sure hope to.

1 comment:

Deana said...

LOVE the family portrait... beautiful family! Good luck with your first day at your new job! Hope all goes well & that you enjoy it!

Take care! :-)