Monday, September 15, 2008

Exhausted

Caroline went outside to take photos of the full moon a couple of evenings ago. Among the pics on my memory card, I found this one she had her little sister Catherine take. She's growing up so fast. 16 already. It's hard to believe she'll be in college in 2 years. She still seems like my little girl in so many ways...

We finished about 100 errands today. It was about 90 degrees, air conditioning in the minivan doesn't work and we had so much to get done. It seems the paperwork following surgery is why they give you 8 weeks off... it takes that long to get it all filled out and turned in. I have been a little slow getting some of it done, which would explain my last paycheck LOL. Evidently I haven't been getting my short term disability so hopefully that will all be cleared up. Also had to give my notice at the hospital, which was very hard. I hope to be able to stay "PRN" which means "as needed" and work 1 day a month. I will dearly miss taking care of patients. I'm moving on to the new job at the insurance company. (YAY!) Brand new regular schedule... just like normal people. 8am to 4:30pm... no holidays, no evenings and no weekends! Plus the physical part of the job should fit in better following surgery. I cannot tell you how excited I am about the new job. I've been praying for God to show me the path I need to take to simplify my life for myself and for the children... I hope this is it.

So, yesterday the kids and I started on our project of distressing, painting, sanding and staining our entertainment center, all 3 pieces. Unfortunately, we only had 1/2 quart of paint, so could only get a start. I had 2 wonderful little helpers... but I think they mostly painted my patio. Guess I'll have to use the pressure washer again after this is finished...

Notice the cute polka dots Catherine is painting inside my bookshelf! Had to break her heart by painting over them. I did think about leaving them to remember her at this stage, but realized there will be a lot of "her at this stage" stuff.

Zac is doing well in college. He lives with us and attends classes M-F. He is still a very big kid (really) and the kids just adore that about him. Here's his latest...
I am glad Zac didn't get hurt, that would have been hard to explain to the ER Doc how my 21 year old son was riding a big wheel down the driveway and crashed... but I've had to explain stranger things than this to a doc when it comes to Zac. He's the reason I became a nurse... figured it'd be cheaper to treat most of his mishaps at home.

Tomorrow the children start their new daycare... so early to bed tonight... they've had a very full day and hopefully will fall asleep in their own beds easily. Catherine has informed me that I am to stay until they get settled... which was my plan to begin with of course. She's very excited... and that makes it easier on me.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: