Saturday, September 6, 2008

New clothes...

Yesterday, Alisha, Madison and I went shopping. I have to get a whole new wardrobe and hate shopping for clothes! Shoes too. I know they are supposed to be my friends and bring me joy but they really don't. I'm just not cut out for the shopping thing. So, I was able to find 1 pair of black pants, brown pants, 1 Chartruese sleeveless turtleneck, 1 brown sleeveless turtleneck, 1 periwinkle cardigan with white polka dots, 1 off white short sleeve shirt and 1 white pleated fitted shirt. Also broke down and bought 2 pairs of heeled sandals, 1 brown (the link only shows gold or white, but mine are dark brown) and 1 black (the link shows gold, but again, mine are black). Still need a ton of other things, but that's a start. Did I mention that I have NOTHING in my closet to wear? I don't really go anywhere except to the pool or the park but I have to admit that it feels nice to know I might have a shot at looking good with these new clothes. Other things I might like to get:
jacket
Not sure what else. Need to find some cute grown-up jeans without holes. All of mine have holes but I can't wear them anywhere but to the park.
So, any suggestions on some cute clothes? I want to stick to basic pants with wider legs (not too wide) and bright tops. I really have no fashion sense. None. Notta. Need all the help I can get. I really need a personal shopper.



2 comments:

Deana said...

Wow... sounds like you found a LOT of cute clothes! Yeah for you! :-)

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I'm glad it entertains you, but honestly I really don't lead that exciting of a life! LOL! :-) Let's see, my typical day is: get Bryn ready for school, work-out, groceries or Target, waste time on the computer or do some crafting, pick Bryn up from school, do homework, make dinner, maybe have a glass of wine & go to bed. :-)

We love going out on "date night," but do not do it often enough. Once a month, if we're lucky. I don't feel comfortable with just anyone babysitting & I figure some day we're going to have nothing but time for date night & be begging to spend time with Bryn! So, I'm doing it now while I have the chance & loving every minute of it. We do travel quite a bit, but for the most part... I'm happiest at home just doing nothing!

How is your recovery going? You're at about 5 or 6 weeks now, right? Hope you're doing WELL!

Stay in touch & take care!
Deana

Deana said...

PS. If I liveed closer, I'd apply for the job of being your personal shopper. I, for one, do love shopping! :-)