Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Beautiful weather

Just some shots of the kids playing outside in this wonderful weather.
Ok, so we really get bored sometimes and I try to think of creative ways to entertain them all day. Anything from drawing an obstacle course on the driveway- complete with bunnies to avoid hitting and a bridge to go over, stop sign and a finish line.

Latest "Mom is bored" tactic was setting up Diet Mountain Dew Cans to make a bowling alley. Believe it or not, they actually enjoyed this one. LOL They create a new way to play, making up their own rules. This was my attempt to get them to count more. It worked for Sam but not for Catherine. She's just not interested... going to have to work on that girl before Kindergarten next year!

Poor little fella, always plays so hard! Pain usually doesn't stop him but after falling off his tricycle, it "running over him", and this horrible stubbed toe... he was out before dinner. Guess I'll have to postpone taking them to daycare tomorrow so I can get my 100 errands done... because I just can't imagine putting shoes on this little foot!
I'm trying to just relax and enjoy being home with my 2 little babies because I know it's coming to an end very soon. I hate that I start feeling like I really need to be getting things done and can't enjoy them talking to me nonstop all day (you know who you are Catherine). I think it comes from having a career and now not being able to work... even if it's just for a little while. I also know I'll really miss these relaxing days when I'm away from them for 8 hours a day. So, attitude adjustment underway... I'm going outside to play with my babies.

1 comment:

Deana said...

How fun! You get the creative mother of the year award! Sometimes it's hard to find new & exciting ways to keep kids entertained & it sounds like you did it! :-)

Thanks SO MUCH for your congrats. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by talking about it before it really happens, but I was just so excited to get the email today! And you're right, I really haven't been submitting LO's yet, but I plan to get more active at doing that.

Thanks again for your kind words of encouragement! :-)

Deana